Landlord and tenant services
The Landlord and Tenant service is a specialist area of Building Surveying and the relationship between both parties is a complex one. Understanding this relationship requires experience in advising both Landlords and Tenants alike. Since its formation, Bowcliffe LLP has assisted both parties, so that today, we are experienced in offering focused, balanced and commercial advice. Noted below are some of the facets of the Landlord and Tenant relationship with which we are involved.
- Preparation and negotiation of dilapidation schedules for landlords.
- Defence and negotiation of dilapidation claims for tenants.
- Preparing schedules of condition for new leases.
- Procurement of building works in compliance with repairing covenants.
- Checking, approving and monitoring tenant alteration work.
- Forensic analysis of service charge accounts and negotiations.
- Acquisition and disposal advice to landlords and tenants.
- Preparation of planned maintenance specifications for new leases.
- Strategic dilapidations advice on:
- Tenant's liability on expiration of the lease term;
- Operation of break clauses; and
- Repair covenants in new leases
Bowcliffe LLP continually provides advice to both landlords and tenants. This continuous focus has enables us to keep abreast of the evolving law, practices and procedures surrounding the subject. Our reputation and client-base often brings us into contact with the leading barristers and solicitors.
We have a library service making comprehensive up-to-date information readily accessible. Such support assists the development of our technical expertise, in advance of changes in the environment. Bowcliffe LLP is uniquely placed in a developing market, with both the information we gather and the team of professionals who have the specialist skills to make best use of the information.
Whilst we pride ourselves on the level of expertise that we can offer clients, we are equally proud of our pragmatism and our ability to take a balanced commercial view that we bring to each instruction.